Thursday, September 1, 2011

Daily Reflection


SEPTEMBER 2
FINDING "A REASON TO BELIEVE"
The willingness to grow is the essence of all spiritual
development.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 171
A line from a song goes, ". . . and I look to find a reason to
believe . . ." It reminds me that at one time I was not able to
find a reason to believe that my life was all right. Even
though my life had been saved by my coming to A.A.,
three months later I went out and drank again. Someone
told me: "You don't have to believe. Aren't you willing to
believe that there is a reason for your life, even though you
may not know yourself what that reason is, or that you may
not sometimes know the right way to behave?" When I saw
how willing I was to believe there was a reason for my life,
then I could start to work on the Steps. Now when I begin
with, "I am willing. . . ," I am using the key that leads to action,
honesty, and an openness to a Higher Power moving
through my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment