Sunday, January 22, 2012

Daily Reflection


JANUARY 22
"LET'S KEEP IT SIMPLE"
A few hours later I took my leave of Dr. Bob. . . . The
wonderful, old, broad smile was on his face as he said
almost jokingly, "Remember, Bill, let's not louse this thing
up. Let's keep it simple!" I turned away, unable to say a
word. That was the last time I ever saw him.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS COMES OF AGE, p. 214
After years of sobriety I occasionally ask myself: "Can it be
this simple?" Then, at meetings, I see former cynics and
skeptics who have walked the A. A. path out of hell by
packaging their lives, without alcohol, into twenty-four
hour segments, during which they practice a few principles
to the best of their individual abilities. And then I know
again that, while it isn't always easy, if I keep it simple, it
works.

No comments:

Post a Comment