Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Daily Reflection


DECEMBER 12
A COMMON SOLUTION
The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have
discovered a common solution. We have a way out on
which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can
join in brotherly and harmonious ac-ion. This is the great
news this book carries to those who suffer from alcoholism.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 17
The most far-reaching Twelfth Step work was the
publication of our Big Book, Alcoholics Anonymous. Few
can equal that book for carrying the message. My idea is to
get out of myself and simply do what I can. Even if I
haven't been asked to sponsor and my phone rarely rings, I
am still able to do Twelfth Step work. I get involved in
"brotherly and harmonious action." At meetings I show up
early to greet people and to help set up, and to share my
experience, strength and hope. I also do what I can with
service work. My Higher Power gives me exactly what He
wants me to do at any given point in my recovery and, if I
let Him, my willingness will bring Twelfth Step work
automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment