Monday, February 10, 2014

Daily Reflection

FEBRUARY 10
I DON'T RUN THE SHOW
When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed
crisis we could not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly
face the proposition that either God is everything or else
He is nothing. God either is, or He isn't What was our
choice to be?
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 53
Today my choice is God. He is everything. For this I am
truly grateful. When I think I am running the show I am
blocking God from my life. I pray I can remember this
when I allow myself to get caught up into self. The most
important thing is that today I am willing to grow along
spiritual lines, and that God is everything. When I was
trying to quit drinking on my own, it never worked; with
God and A.A., it is working. This seems to be a simple
thought for a complicated alcoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment