Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Daily Reflection

APRIL 22
NEW SOIL . . . NEW ROOTS
Moments of perception can build into a lifetime of spiritual
serenity, as I have excellent reason to know, loots of
reality, supplanting the neurotic underbrush, will hold fast
despite the high winds of the forces which would destroy
us, or which we would use to destroy ourselves.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 173
[ came to A.A. green—a seedling quivering with exposed
taproots. It was for survival but it was a >beginning. I
stretched, developed, twisted, but with he help of others,
my spirit eventually burst up from the roots. I was free. I
acted, withered, went inside, prayed, acted again,
understood anew, as one moment of perception struck. Up
from my roots, spirit-arms lengthened into strong, green
.hoots: high-springing servants stepping skyward.
Here on earth God unconditionally continues the legacy
of higher love. My A.A. life put me "on a different footing
. . . [my] roots grasped a new soil" (Alcoholics Anonymous,
p. 12).

No comments:

Post a Comment