Monday, February 21, 2011

Alcoholic Thinking Or , "Sorry Honey Thats My Disease Talking! "

      When I was in my early thirty's, drinking and drugging pretty heavily I had a massive heart attack and flat lined, after they jump started me, and I spent over 3 weeks in CCU, my wife at the time asked me "Honey are you ready to stop drinking?"  My response was,"I will when it gets bad!"
     This was the disease of alcoholism talking! Sorry people it doesn't get worse than dead!  Alcohol ask us to lie for it, steal for it, kill for it, and die for it. It beats us down so much we gladly answer Yes. Two years ago death would have been a welcome release, then I found AA It offered me a solution, I reacquainted myself with my higher power, I found unconditional love in these rooms. I thank God every day for this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment