Thursday, July 14, 2011

Daily Reflection


JULY 14
A NOURISHING INGREDIENT
Where humility had formerly stood for a forced feeding on
humble pie, it now begins to mean the nourishing
ingredient which can give us serenity.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 74
How often do I focus on my problems and frustrations?
When I am having a "good day" these same problems
shrink in importance and my preoccupation with them
dwindles. Wouldn't it be better if I could find a key to
unlock the "magic" of my "good days" for use on the woes
of my "bad days?"
I already have the solution! Instead of trying to run away
from my pain and wish my problems away, I can pray for
humility! Humility will heal the pain. Humility will take me
out of myself. Humility, that strength granted to me by that
"power greater than myself," is mine for the asking! Humility
will bring balance back into my life. Humility will allow
me to accept my humanness joyously.

No comments:

Post a Comment