Saturday, July 30, 2011

Daily Reflection


JULY 30
GIVING BACK
. . . he has struck something better than gold. . . . He may
not see at once that he has barely scratched a limitless lode
which will pay dividends only if he mines it for the rest of
his life and insists on giving away the entire product.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 129
My part of the Seventh Tradition means so much more than
just giving money to pay for the coffee. It means being
accepted for myself by belonging to a group. For the first
time I can be responsible, because I have a choice. I can
learn the principles of working out problems in my daily
life by getting involved in the "business" of A.A. By being
self-supporting, I can give back to A.A. what A.A. gave to
me! Giving back to A.A. not only ensures my own
sobriety, but allows me to buy insurance that A.A. will be
here for my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment