Monday, August 29, 2011

Daily Reflection


AUGUST 29
I CHOOSE ANONYMITY
We are sure that humility, expressed by anonymity, is the
greatest safeguard that Alcoholics Anonymous can ever
have.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 187
Since there are no rules in A.A. I place myself where I want
to be, and so I choose anonymity. I want my God to use
me, humbly, as one of His tools in this program. Sacrifice
is the art of giving of myself freely, allowing humility to
replace my ego. With sobriety, I suppress that urge to cry
out to the world, "I am a member of A.A." and I experience
inner joy and peace. I let people see the changes in me and
hope they will ask what happened to me. I place the
principles of spirituality ahead of judging, fault-finding,
and criticism. I want love and caring in my group, so I can
grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment