Friday, February 17, 2012

Daily Reflection


FEBRUARY 17
THE LOVE IN THEIR EYES
Some of us won't believe in God, others can't, and still
others who do believe that God exists have no faith
whatever He will perform this miracle.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 25
It was the changes I saw in the new people who came into
the Fellowship that helped me lose my fear, and change my
negative attitude to a positive one. I could see the love in
their eyes and I was impressed by how much their "One
Day at a Time" sobriety meant to them. They had looked
squarely at Step Two and came to believe that a power
greater than themselves was restoring them to sanity. That
gave me faith in the Fellowship, and hope that it could
work for me too. I found that God was a loving God, not
that punishing God I feared before coming to A.A. I also
found that He had been with me during all those times I had
been in trouble before I came to A.A. I know today that He
was the one who led me to A.A. and that I am a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment