Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Daily Reflection


FEBRUARY 29
ONE A.A. MIRACLE
Slave for a few brief moments of temptation the thought of
drink has never returned; and at such times a great
revulsion has risen up in him. Seemingly he could not drink
even if he would. God had restored his sanity.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 57
The word "God" was frightening to me when I first saw it
associated with A.A.'s Twelve Steps. Having tried all the
means I could to stop drinking, I found that it was not
possible for me to sustain that desire over a period of time.
Yet, how could I believe in a "God" that had allowed me to
sink to the deep despair that engulfed me—whether
drinking or dry?
The answer was in finally admitting that it might be
possible for me to know the mercy of a Power greater than
myself who could grant me sobriety contingent on my
willingness to "come to believe." By finally admitting that I
was one among many, and by following the example of my
sponsor and other A.A. members in practicing faith I did
not have, my life has been given meaning, direction and
purpose.

2 comments:

  1. February 29th marks 9 months sober for me, one day at a time, your daily reflection says ONE AA MIRACLE. Here I am, a miracle.

    My name is Jon, and I am a Alcoholic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy for me to say I'd turn my will and my life over to God, But the day I was walking homeless and 6 months sober in the freezing rain and actually had to turn my will and life over is when the miracle happen.

      Delete