Thursday, May 3, 2012

Daily Reflection


MAY 3
CLEANING HOUSE
Somehow, being alone with God doesn't seem as embarrassing
as facing up to another person. Until we
actually sit down and talk aloud about what we have so
long hidden, our willingness to clean house is still largely
theoretical.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 60
It wasn't unusual for me to talk to God, and myself, about
my character defects. But to sit down, face to face, and
openly discuss these intimacies with another person was
much more difficult. I recognized in the experience,
however, a similar relief to the one I had experienced when
I first admitted I was an alcoholic. I began to appreciate the
spiritual significance of the program and that this Step was
just an introduction to what was yet to come in the
remaining seven Steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment