Thursday, May 24, 2012

Daily Reflection


MAY 24
"HAPPY, JOYOUS AND FREE"
We are sure God wants us to be happy, joyous, and free.
We cannot subscribe to the belief that this life is vale of
tears, though it once was just that for many f us. But it is
clear that we made our own misery, rod didn't do it. Avoid
then, the deliberate manufacture of misery, but if trouble
comes, cheerfully capitalize it as an opportunity to
demonstrate His omnipotence.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 133
For years I believed in a punishing God and blamed him
for my misery. I have learned that I must lay down the
"weapons" of self in order to pick up the "tools" of the
A.A. program. I do not struggle with he program because
it is a gift and I have never struggled when receiving a gift.
If I sometimes keep struggling, it is because I'm still
hanging onto my old ideas and " . . . the results are
nil."

1 comment:

  1. Great Passage from this mornings meditation. A we gain some clarity in our lives we realize that we are the cause of our own misery. Your introduction to the twelve steps and the life of honesty integrity and willingness could begin here. http://www.newlifehouse.com A recovery house specific to young men who are seeking solution to there drinking problem.

    ReplyDelete