Friday, June 15, 2012

Daily Reflection


JUNE 15
MAKING A.A. YOUR HIGHER POWER
". . . You can . . . make A.A. itself your 'higher power.'
Here's a very large group of people who have solved their
alcohol problem. . . . many members . . . have crossed the
threshold just this way. . . . their faith broadened and
deepened. . . . transformed, they came to believe in a
Higher Power. . . . "
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, pp. 27-28
No one was greater than I, at least in my eyes, when I was
drinking. Nevertheless, I couldn't smile at myself in the
mirror, so I came to A.A. where, with others, I heard talk of
a Higher Power. I couldn't accept the concept of a Higher
Power because I believed God was cruel and unloving. In
desperation I chose a table, a tree, then my A.A. group, as
my Higher Power. Time passed, my life improved, and I
began to wonder about this Higher Power. Gradually, with
patience, humility and a lot of questions, I came to believe
in God. Now my relationship with my Higher Power gives
me the strength to live a happy, sober life.

No comments:

Post a Comment