Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Daily Reflection


JUNE 26
A GIFT THAT GROWS WITH TIME
For most normal folks, drinking means conviviality,
companionship and colorful imagination. It means release
from care, boredom and worry. It is joyous intimacy with
friends and a feeling that life is good
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 151
The longer I chased these elusive feelings with alcohol, the
more out of reach they were. However, by applying this
passage to my sobriety, I found that it described the
magnificent new life made available to me by the A.A.
program. "It" truly does "get better" one day at a time. The
warmth, the love and the joy so simply expressed in these
words grow in breadth and depth each time I read it.
Sobriety is a gift that grows with time.

1 comment:

  1. My life has gotten better one day at a time and I am extremely grateful for the opportunities that I have received. If you are looking for help check out the New Life House at http://www.newlifehouse.com

    ReplyDelete