Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Daily Reflection


SEPTEMBER 12
I AM RESPONSIBLE
For the readiness to take the full consequences of our past
acts, and to take responsibility for the well-being of others
at the same time, is the very spirit of Step Nine.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 87
In recovery, and through the help of Alcoholics
Anonymous, I learn that the very thing I fear is my
freedom. It comes from my tendency to recoil from taking
responsibility for anything: I deny, I ignore, I blame, I
avoid. Then one day, I look, I admit, I accept. The freedom,
the healing and the recovery I experience is in the looking,
admitting and accepting. I learn to say, "Yes, I am
responsible." When I can speak those words with honesty
and sincerity, then I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment