Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Daily Reflection


SEPTEMBER 26
OUR CHILDREN
The alcoholic may find it hard to re-establish friendly
relations with his children. . . . In time they will see that he
is a new man and in their own way they will let him know
it. . . . From that point on, progress will be rapid.
Marvelous results often follow such a reunion.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 134
While on the road to recovery I received a gift that could
not be purchased. It was a card from my son in college,
saying, "Dad, you can't imagine how glad I am that
everything is okay. Happy Birthday, I love you." My son
had told me that he loved me before. It had been during the
previous Christmas holidays, when he had said to me,
while crying, "Dad, I love you! Can't you see what you're
doing to yourself?" I couldn't. Choked with emotion, I had
cried, but this time, when I received my son's card, my tears
were tears of joy, not desperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment