Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Daily Reflection

JUNE 18
A FELLOWSHIP OF FREEDOM
. . . if only men were granted absolute liberty, and were
compelled to obey no one, they would then voluntarily
associate themselves in the common interest
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 50
When I no longer live under the dictates of another or of
alcohol, I live in a new freedom. When I release the past
and all the excess baggage I have carried for so very long, I
come to know freedom. I have been introduced into a life
and a fellowship of freedom. The Steps are a
"recommended" way of finding a new life, there are no
commands or dictates in A.A. I am free to serve from
desire rather than decree. There is the understanding that I
will benefit from the growth of other members and I take
what I learn and bring it back to the group. The "common
welfare" finds room to grow in the society of personal
freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment