Saturday, June 29, 2013

Daily Reflection

JUNE 29
A RIPPLING EFFECT
Having learned to live so happily, we'd show everyone else
how. . . . Yes, we of A.A. did dream those dreams. How
natural that was, since most alcoholics are bankrupt
idealists. . . . So why shouldn't we share our way of life
with everyone?
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 156
The great discovery of sobriety led me to feel the need to
spread the "good news" to the world around me. The
grandiose thoughts of my drinking days returned. Later, I
learned that concentrating on my own recovery was a fulltime
process. As I became a sober citizen in this world, I
observed a rippling effect which, without any conscious
effort on my part, reached any "related facility or outside
enterprise," without diverting me from my primary purpose
of staying sober and helping other alcoholics to achieve
sobriety.

No comments:

Post a Comment