Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Daily Reflection

NOVEMBER 20
"THY WILL, NOT MINE"
. . . when making specific requests, it will be well to add to
each one of them this qualification. ". . . if it be Thy will"
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 102
I ask simply that throughout the day God place in me the
best understanding of His will that I can have for that day,
and that I be given the grace by which I may carry it out. As
the day goes on, I can pause when facing situations that
must be met and decisions that must be made, and renew
the simple request: "Thy will, not mine, be done."
I must always keep in mind that in every situation I am
responsible for the effort and God is responsible for the
outcome. I can "Let Go and Let God" by humbly repeating:
"Thy will, not mine, be done." Patience and persistence in
seeking His will for me will free me from the pain of selfish
expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment