Thursday, November 28, 2013

Daily Reflection

NOVEMBER 28
ATTRACTION, NOT PROMOTION
Through many painful experiences, we think we have
arrived at what that policy ought to be. It is the opposite in
many ways of usual promotional practice. We found that we
had to rely upon the principle of attraction rather than of
promotion.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, pp. 180-81
While I was drinking I reacted with anger, self-pity and
defiance against anyone who wanted to change me. All I
wanted then was to be accepted by another human simply
as I was and, curiously, that is what I found in A.A. I
became the custodian of this concept of attraction, which is
the principle of our Fellowship's public relations. It is by
attraction that I can best reach the alcoholic who still
suffers.
I thank God for having given me the attraction of a wellplanned
and established program of Steps and Traditions.
Through humility and the support of my fellow sober
members, I have been able to practice the A.A. way of life
through attraction, not promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment