Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Daily Reflection

JANUARY 15
AN UNSUSPECTED INNER RESOURCE
With few exceptions our members find that they have
tapped an unsuspected inner resource which they presently
identify with their own conception of a Power greater than
themselves
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, pp. 569-70
From my first days in A.A., as I struggled for sobriety, I
found hope in these words from our founders. I often
pondered the phrase: "they have tapped an unsuspected
inner resource." How, I asked myself, can I find the Power
within myself, since I am so powerless? In time, as the
founders promised, it came to me: I have always had the
choice between goodness and evil, between unselfishness
and selfishness, between serenity and fear. That Power
greater than myself is an original gift that I did not
recognize until I achieved daily sobriety through living
A.A.'s Twelve Steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment