Monday, January 20, 2014

Daily Reflection

JANUARY 20
"WE PAUSE . . . AND ASK"
As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or
doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 87
Today I humbly ask my Higher Power for the grace to find
the space between my impulse and my action; to let flow a
cooling breeze when I would respond with heat; to
interrupt fierceness with gentle peace; to accept the
moment which allows judgment to become discernment; to
defer to silence when my tongue would rush to attack or
defend.
I promise to watch for every opportunity to turn toward
my Higher Power for guidance. I know where this power
is: it resides within me, as clear as a mountain brook,
hidden in the hills—it is the unsuspected Inner Resource.
I thank my Higher Power for this world of light and
truth I see when I allow it to direct my vision. I trust it
today and hope it trusts me to make all effort to find the
right thought or action today.

No comments:

Post a Comment