Thursday, December 1, 2011

Daily Reflection


DECEMBER 1
"SUGGESTED" STEPS
Our Twelfth Step also says that as a result of practicing all
the Steps, we have each found something called a spiritual
awakening. . . . A. A.'s manner of making ready to receive
this gift lies in the practice of the Twelve Steps in our
program."
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, pp. 106-07
I remember my sponsor's answer when I told him that the
Steps were "suggested." He replied that they are
"suggested" in the same way that, if you were to jump out
of an airplane with a parachute, it is "suggested" that you
pull the ripcord to save your life. He pointed out that it was
"suggested" I practice the Twelve Steps, if I wanted to save
my life. So I try to remember daily that I have a whole
program of recovery based on all Twelve of the
"suggested" Steps.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard this before and for me it's funny because it's sooooo true!

    ReplyDelete