Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Daily Reflection


DECEMBER 7
TRUE AMBITION
True ambition is not what we thought it was. True ambition
is the deep desire to live usefully and walk humbly under
the grace of God.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, pp. 124-25
During my drinking years, my one and only concern was to
have my fellow man think highly of me. My ambition in
everything I did was to have the power to be at the top. My
inner self kept telling me something else but I couldn't
accept it. I didn't even allow myself to realize that I wore a
mask continually. Finally, when the mask came off and I
cried out to the only God I could conceive, the Fellowship
of A.A., my group and the Twelve Steps were there. I
learned how to change resentments into acceptance, fear
into hope and anger into love. I have learned also, through
loving without undue expectations, through sharing my
concerns and caring for my fellow man, that each day can
be joyous and fruitful. I begin and end my day with thanks
to God, who has so generously shed His grace on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment