Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daily Reflection


JULY 10
TOWARD PEACE AND SERENITY
. . . when we have taken a square look at some of these
defects, have discussed them with another, and have
become willing to have them removed, our thinking about
humility commences to have a wider meaning.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 74
When situations arise which destroy my serenity, pain often
motivates me to ask God for clarity in seeing my part in the
situation. Admitting my powerlessness, I humbly pray for
acceptance. I try to see how my character defects
contributed to the situation. Could I have been more
patient? Was I intolerant? Did I insist on having my own
way? Was I afraid? As my defects are revealed, I put selfreliance
aside and humbly ask God to remove my
shortcomings. The situation may not change, but as I
practice exercising humility, I enjoy the peace and serenity
which are the natural benefits of placing my reliance in a
power greater than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment