Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Daily Reflection


JULY 11
A TURNING POINT
A great turning point in our lives came when we sought for
humility as something we really wanted, rather than as
something we must have.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 75
Either the A.A. way of life becomes one of joy or I return
to the darkness and despair of alcoholism. Joy comes to me
when my attitude concerning God and humility turns to one
of desire rather than of burden. The darkness in my life
changes to radiant light when I arrive at the realization that
being truthful and honest in dealing with my inventory
results in my life being filled with serenity, freedom, and
joy. Trust in my Higher Power deepens, and the flush of
gratitude spreads through my being. I am convinced that
being humble is being truthful and honest in dealing with
myself and God. It is then that humility is something I
"really want," rather than being "something I must have."

No comments:

Post a Comment