Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Daily Reflection


FEBRUARY 19
I'M NOT DIFFERENT
In the beginning, it was four whole years before A. A.
brought permanent sobriety to even one alcoholic woman.
Like the "high bottoms," the women said they were
different; . . . The Skid-Rower said he was different . . . so
did the artists and the professional people, the rich, the
poor, the religious, the agnostic, the Indians and the
Eskimos, the veterans, and the prisoners . . . nowadays all
of these, and legions more, soberly talk about how very
much alike all of us alcoholics are when we admit that the
chips are finally down.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 24
I cannot consider myself "different" in A. A.; if I do I
isolate myself from others and from contact with my
Higher Power. If I feel isolated in A.A., it is not something
for which others are responsible. It is something I've
created by feeling I'm "different" in some way. Today I
practice being just another alcoholic in the worldwide
Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment