Saturday, February 23, 2013

Daily Reflection


FEBRUARY 23
MYSTERIOUS PARADOXES
Such is the paradox of A.A. regeneration: strength arising
out of complete defeat and weakness, the loss of one's old
life as a condition for finding a new one.
A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 46
What glorious mysteries paradoxes are! They do not
compute, yet when recognized and accepted, they reaffirm
something in the universe beyond human logic. When I
face a fear, I am given courage; when I support a brother or
sister, my capacity to love myself is increased; when I
accept pain as part of the growing experience of life, I
realize a greater happiness; when I look at my dark side, I
am brought into new light; when I accept my vulnerabilities
and surrender to a Higher Power, I am graced with
unforeseen strength. I stumbled through the doors of A.A.
in disgrace, expecting nothing from life, and I have been
given hope and dignity. Miraculously, the only way to keep
the gifts of the program is to pass them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment