Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daily Reflection


FEBRUARY 24
A THANKFUL HEART
I try to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart
cannot entertain great conceits. When brimming with
gratitude, one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing
love, the finest emotion that we can ever know.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 37
My sponsor told me that I should be a grateful alcoholic
and always have "an attitude of gratitude"—that gratitude
was the basic ingredient of humility, that humility was the
basic ingredient of anonymity and that "anonymity was the
spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us
to place principles before personalities." As a result of this
guidance, I start every morning on my knees, thanking God
for three things: I'm alive, I'm sober, and I'm a member of
Alcoholics Anonymous. Then I try to live an "attitude of
gratitude" and thoroughly enjoy another twenty-four hours
of the A.A. way of life. A.A. is not something I joined; it's
something I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment