Sunday, August 18, 2013

Daily Reflection

AUGUST 18
GETTING WELL
Very deep, sometimes quite forgotten, damaging emotional
conflicts persist below the level of consciousness.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, pp. 79-80
Only through positive action can I remove the remains of
guilt and shame brought on by alcohol. Throughout my
misadventures when I drank, my friends would say, "Why
are you doing this? You're only hurting yourself." Little did
I know how true were those words. Although I harmed
others, some of my behavior caused grave wounds to my
soul. Step Eight provides me with a way of forgiving myself.
I alleviate much of the hidden damage when I make
my list of those I have hurt. In making amends, I free
myself of burdens, thus contributing to my healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment