Sunday, August 25, 2013

Daily Reflection

AUGUST 25
THE GIFT OF BONDING
Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy
will
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 63
Many times in my alcoholic state, I drank to establish a
bond between myself and others, but I succeeded only in
establishing the bondage of alcoholic loneliness. Through
the A.A. way of life, I have received the gift of bonding—
with those who were there before me, with those who are
there now, and with those yet to come. For this gracious
gift from God, I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Overcoming addiction requires the addict to surrender. You have to admit that you can no longer control what is happening and you need help. This is the hardest part for my son...he simply can't surrender. And it's killing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as though my son feels this same loneliness...and I am powerless to change it. I pray each and every day that he finds the peace he needs inside in order to get him off the drugs and prevent him from committing suicide. I feel as though each minute with him is a gift as I truly believe he wants to die.

    ReplyDelete