Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Daily Reflection

OCTOBER 1
LEST WE BECOME COMPLACENT
It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and
rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for
alcohol is a subtle foe.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 85
When I am in pain it is easy to stay close to the friends I
have found in the program. Relief from that pain is
provided in the solutions contained in A.A.'s Twelve Steps.
But when I am feeling good and things are going well, I can
become complacent. To put it simply, I become lazy and
turn into the problem instead of the solution. I need to get
into action, to take stock: where am I and where am I
going? A daily inventory will tell me what I must change to
regain spiritual balance. Admitting what I find within
myself, to God and to another human being, keeps me
honest and humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment