Sunday, October 13, 2013

Daily Reflection

OCTOBER 13
UNREMITTING INVENTORIES
Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment,
and fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to
remove them. We discuss them with someone immediately
and make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone. Then
we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 84
The immediate admission of wrong thoughts or actions is a
tough task for most human beings, but for recovering
alcoholics like me it is difficult because of my propensity
toward ego, fear and pride. The freedom the A.A. program
offers me becomes more abundant when, through
unremitting inventories of myself, I admit, acknowledge
and accept responsibility for my wrong-doing. It is possible
then for me to grow into a deeper and better understanding
of humility. My willingness to admit when the fault is mine
facilitates the progression of my growth and helps me to
become more understanding and helpful to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment