Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Daily Reflection

OCTOBER 8
DAILY INVENTORY
. . . and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 59
I was beginning to approach my new life of sobriety with
unaccustomed enthusiasm. New friends were cropping up
and some of my battered friendships had begun to be
repaired. Life was exciting, and I even began to enjoy my
work, becoming so bold as to issue a report on the lack of
proper care for some of our clients. One day a co-worker
informed me that my boss was really sore because a
complaint, submitted over his head, had caused him much
discomfort at the hands of his superiors. I knew that my
report had created the problem, and began to feel
responsible for my boss's difficulty. In discussing the
affair, my co-worker tried to reassure me that an apology
was not necessary, but I soon became convinced that I had
to do something, regardless of how it might turn out. When
I approached my boss and owned up to my hand in his
difficulties, he was surprised. But unexpected things came
out of our encounter, and my boss and I were able to agree
to interact more directly and effectively in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment