Thursday, June 2, 2011

Daily Reflection

JUNE 2
THE UPWARD PATH
Here are the steps we took. . . .
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 59
These are the words that lead into the Twelve Steps. In
their direct simplicity they sweep aside all psychological
and philosophical considerations about the lightness of the
Steps. They describe what I did: I took the Steps and
sobriety was the result. These words do not imply that I
should walk the well-trodden path of those who went
before, but rather that there is a way for me to become
sober and that it is a way I shall have to find. It is a new
path, one that leads to infinite light at the top of the
mountain. The Steps advise me about the footholds that are
safe and about chasms to avoid. They provide me with the
tools I need during the many parts of the solitary journey of
my soul. When I speak of this journey, I share my
experience, strength and hope with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment