Thursday, June 30, 2011

Daily Reflection

JUNE 30
SACRIFICE = UNITY = SURVIVAL
The unity, the effectiveness, and even the survival of A.A.
will always depend upon our continued willingness to give
up some of our personal ambitions and desires for the
common safety and welfare. Just as sacrifice means
survival for the individual alcoholic, so does sacrifice mean
unity and survival for the group and for A.A. 's entire
Fellowship.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 220
I have learned that I must sacrifice some of my personality
traits for the good of A.A. and, as a result, I have been
rewarded with many gifts. False pride can be inflated
through prestige but, by living Tradition Six, I receive the
gift of humility instead. Cooperation without affiliation is
often deceiving. If I remain unrelated to outside interests, I
am free to keep A.A. autonomous. Then the Fellowship will
be here, healthy and strong for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment