Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Daily Reflection


NOVEMBER 16
A DAILY REPRIEVE
What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the
maintenance of our spiritual condition.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 85
Maintaining my spiritual condition is like working out
every day, planning for the marathon, swimming laps,
jogging. It's staying in good shape spiritually, and that
requires prayer and meditation. The single most important
way for me to improve my conscious contact with a Higher
Power is to pray and meditate. I am as powerless over
alcohol as I am to turn back the waves of the sea; no human
force had the power to overcome my alcoholism. Now I am
able to breathe the air of joy, happiness and wisdom. I have
the power to love and react to events around me with the
eyes of a faith in things that are not readily apparent. My
daily reprieve means that, no matter how difficult or
painful things appear today, I can draw on the power of the
program to stay liberated from my cunning, baffling and
powerful illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment