Saturday, November 26, 2011

Daily Reflection


NOVEMBER 26
THE HAZARDS OF PUBLICITY
People who symbolize causes and ideas fill a deep human
need. We of A.A. do not question that. But we do have to
soberly face the fact that being in the public eye is
hazardous, especially for us.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 181
As a recovered alcoholic I must make an effort to put into
practice the principles of the AA. program, which are
founded on honesty, truth and humility. While I was
drinking I was constantly trying to be in the limelight. Now
that I am conscious of my mistakes and of my former lack
of integrity, it would not be honest to seek prestige, even
for the justifiable purpose of promoting the A.A. message
of recovery. Is the publicity that centers around the A.A.
Fellowship and the miracles it produces not worth much
more? Why not let the people around us appreciate by
themselves the changes that A.A. has brought in us, for that
will be a far better recommendation for the Fellowship than
any I could make.

No comments:

Post a Comment