Monday, August 13, 2012

Daily Reflection


AUGUST 13
A CLEAN SWEEP
. . . and third, having thus cleaned away the debris of the
past, we consider how, with our newfound knowledge of
ourselves, we may develop the best possible relations with
every human being we know.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 77
As I faced the Eighth Step, everything that was required for
successful completion of the previous seven Steps came
together: courage, honesty, sincerity, willingness and
thoroughness. I could not muster the strength required for
this task at the beginning, which is why this Step reads
"Became willing. . . ."
I needed to develop the courage to begin, the honesty to
see where I was wrong, a sincere desire to set things right,
thoroughness in making a list, and willingness to take the
risks required for true humility. With the help of my Higher
Power in developing these virtues, I completed this Step
and continued to move forward in my quest for spiritual
growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment