Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Daily Reflection


AUGUST 7
A "DESIGN FOR LIVING"
We in our turn, sought the same escape with all the
desperation of drowning men. What seemed at first a flimsy
reed, has proved to be the loving and powerful hand of
God. A new life has been given us or, if you prefer, "a
design for living" that really works.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 28
I try each day to raise my heart and hands in thanks to God
for showing me a "design for living" that really works
through our beautiful Fellowship. But what, exactly, is this
"design for living" that "really works"? For me, it is the
practice of the Twelve Steps to the best of my ability, the
continued awareness of a God who loves me unconditionally,
and the hope that, in each new day, there is a purpose
for my being. I am truly, truly blessed in the Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment