Sunday, October 14, 2012

Daily Reflection


OCTOBER 14
A PROGRAM FOR LIVING
When we retire at night, we constructively review our day. .
. . On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours
ahead. . . . Before we begin, we ask God to direct our
thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from selfpity,
dishonest or self-seeking motives.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 86
I lacked serenity. With more to do than seemed possible, I
fell further behind, no matter how hard I tried. Worries
about things not done yesterday and fear of tomorrow's
deadlines denied me the calm I needed to be effective each
day. Before taking Steps Ten and Eleven, I began to read
passages like the one cited above. I tried to focus on God's
will, not my problems, and to trust that He would manage
my day. It worked! Slowly, but it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment