Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Daily Reflection


OCTOBER 31
AVOIDING CONTROVERSY
All history affords us the spectacle of striving nations and
groups finally torn asunder because they were designed for,
or tempted into, controversy. Others fell apart because of
sheer self-righteousness while trying to enforce upon the
rest of mankind some millennium of their own specification.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 176
As an A.A. member and sponsor, I know I can cause real
damage if I yield to temptation and give opinions and
advice on another's medical, marital, or religious problems.
I am not a doctor, counselor, or lawyer. I cannot tell anyone
how he or she should live; however, I can share how I came
through similar situations without drinking, and how A.A.'s
Steps and Traditions help me in dealing with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment