Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Daily Reflections


OCTOBER 3
SERENITY AFTER THE STORM
Someone who knew what he was talking about once
remarked that pain was the touchstone of all spiritual
progress. How heartily we A.A. 's can agree with him. . . .
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, pp. 93-94
When on the roller coaster of emotional turmoil, I
remember that growth is often painful. My evolution in the
A.A. program has taught me that I must experience the
inner change, however painful, that eventually guides me
from selfishness to selflessness. If I am to have serenity, I
must STEP my way past emotional turmoil and its
subsequent hangover, and be grateful for continuing
spiritual progress.

1 comment:

  1. I love this excerpt out of the daily reflections, thanks for posting it. I know for me pain was always my biggest motivator for change. Being as hard headed and arrogant as I am, I've had to keep hitting the same wall over and over. I was in enough pain to open my mind. I have three years sober now and I originally got help from New Life House. If you or a loved one is suffering from alcoholism they may be able to help. Check out their website at www.newlifehouse.com

    ReplyDelete