Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Daily Reflections


OCTOBER 2
"THE ACID TEST"
As we work the first nine Steps, we prepare ourselves for
the adventure of a new life. But when we approach Step Ten
we commence to put our A.A. way of living to practical use,
day by day, in fair weather or foul Then comes the acid
test: can we stay sober, keep in emotional balance, and live
to good purpose under all conditions?
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 88
I know the Promises are being fulfilled in my life, but I
want to maintain and develop them by the daily application
of Step Ten. I have learned through this Step that if I am
disturbed, there is something wrong with me. The other
person may be wrong too, but I can only deal with my
feelings. When I am hurt or upset, I have to continually
look for the cause in me, and then I have to admit and
correct my mistakes. It isn't easy, but as long as I know I
am progressing spiritually, I know that I can mark my effort
up as a job well done. I have found that pain is a friend; it
lets me know there is something wrong with my emotions,
just as a physical pain lets me know there is something
wrong with my body. When I take the appropriate action
through the Twelve Steps, the pain gradually goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment