Thursday, November 29, 2012

Daily Reflection


NOVEMBER 29
"ACTIVE GUARDIANS"
To us, however, it represents far more than a sound public
relations policy. It is more than a denial of self-seeking.
This Tradition is a constant and practical reminder that
personal ambition has no place in A A. In it, each member
becomes an active guardian of our Fellowship.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 183
The basic concept of humility is expressed in the Eleventh
Tradition: it allows me to participate completely in the
program in such a simple, yet profound, manner; it fulfills
my need to be an integral part of a significant whole.
Humility brings me closer to the actual spirit of
togetherness and oneness, without which I could not stay
sober. In remembering that every member is an example of
sobriety, each one living the Eleventh Tradition, I am able
to experience freedom because each one of us is
anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment