Monday, November 5, 2012

Daily Reflection


NOVEMBER 5
"THE QUALITY OF FAITH"
This . . . has to do with the quality of faith. . . . In no deep
or meaningful sense had we ever taken stock of ourselves. .
. . We had not even prayed rightly. We had always said,
"Grant me my wishes" instead of "Thy will be done."
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 32
God does not grant me material possessions, take away my
suffering, or spare me from disasters, but He does give me
a good life, the ability to cope, and peace of mind. My
prayers are simple: first, they express my gratitude for the
good things in my life, regardless of how hard I have to
search for them; and second, I ask only for the strength and
the wisdom to do His will. He answers with solutions to my
problems, sustaining my ability to live through daily
frustrations with a serenity I did not believe existed, and
with the strength to practice the principles of A.A. in all of
my everyday affairs.

1 comment:

  1. I too am 51 but have been sober just under two years.Prayer is something i am getting familiar with and i am just starting to understand what a true prayer is. I must be humble,ask for forgiveness,give thanks for the things that keep me on the right path.It is not as simple as that for this alcoholic mind,but that is what i shoot for.

    ReplyDelete