Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Daily Reflection


NOVEMBER 6
GOING WITH THE FLOW
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our
conscious contact with God as we understood Him. . . .
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 96
The first words I speak when arising in the morning are, "I
arise, O God, to do Thy will." This is the shortest prayer I
know and it is deeply ingrained in me. Prayer doesn't
change God's attitude toward me; it changes my attitude
toward God. As distinguished from prayer, meditation is a
quiet time, without words. To be centered is to be
physically relaxed, emotionally calm, mentally focused and
spiritually aware.
One way to keep the channel open and to improve my
conscious contact with God is to maintain a grateful
attitude. On the days when I am grateful, good things seem
to happen in my life. The instant I start cursing things in
my life, however, the flow of good stops. God did not
interrupt the flow; my own negativity did.

No comments:

Post a Comment