Thursday, January 10, 2013

Daily Reflection


JANUARY 10
UNITED WE STAND
We learned that we had to fully concede to our innermost
selves that we were alcoholics. This is the first step in
recovery. The delusion that we are like other people, or
presently may be, has to be smashed.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 30
I came to Alcoholics Anonymous because I was no longer
able to control my drinking. It was either my wife's
complaining about my drinking, or maybe the sheriff forced
me to go to A.A. meetings, or perhaps I knew, deep down
inside, that I couldn't drink like others, but I was unwilling
to admit it because the alternative terrified me. Alcoholics
Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women united
against a common, fatal disease. Each one of our lives is
linked to every other, much like the survivors on a life raft
at sea. If we all work together, we can get safely to shore

No comments:

Post a Comment