Friday, January 11, 2013

Daily Reflection


JANUARY 11
THE 100% STEP
Only Step One, where we made the 100 percent admission
we were powerless over alcohol can be practiced with
absolute perfection.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 68
Long before I was able to obtain sobriety in A.A., I knew
without a doubt that alcohol was killing me, yet even with
this knowledge, I was unable to stop drinking. So, when
faced with Step One, I found it easy to admit that I lacked
the power to not drink. But was my life unmanageable?
Never! Five months after coming into A.A., I was drinking
again and wondered why.
Later on, back in A.A. and smarting from my wounds, I
learned that Step One is the only Step that can be taken
100%. And that the only way to take it 100% is to take
100% of the Step. That was many twenty-four hours ago
and I haven't had to take Step One again.

No comments:

Post a Comment